Mission and Values
We hope the following outline, expressing something of who we are, is helpful to you:
- Our vision is to be an authentic, vibrant, Christ-centered community, connecting & interacting with the people of our neighbourhoods.
- Our mission is to bring God’s Good-News to the people of our community in ways that are relevant & meets their needs.
- We seek to model our congregational life on the life of Christ, in contrast to the organisational structures & traditions of the established Church. Christ called people to follow Him in His mission with the promise of being empowered by the Holy Spirit. As such, our Church consists of active, committed followers rather than passive “club” members. This is an ongoing journey of growth for all of us.
- We have identified our four primary values:
- Accepting one another by journeying together in life & practising hospitality
- Growing in spiritual maturity by participating in down-to-earth contemporary gatherings
- Nurturing those in our care by practising generosity, especially via our Op Shop
- Connecting in experimental & practical ways with our local neighbourhoods
- Our three properties are intentionally located together in order to serve our neighbourhood
- We gather together regularly for worship & nurture, not as an end in itself, but so that we are inspired & strengthened for mission
- We aim for excellence in all we do but with a relational heart & soul in order to avoid rote professionalism, and as such we encourage all Christians to express their God-given gifts
- We are passionate about working ecumenically with other churches in our community as opportunity arises
- We are an autonomous congregation, affiliated with Churches of Christ Vic/Tas
- We welcome ALL people everywhere to join us in living & serving according to God’s way of life!